Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day 7 - My First Successful Week

OK, today marks my first official week on my Ayurvedic regimen. So far I’m loving it. I realized today that not only am I sleeping better, I don’t have the back pain I typically wake up having. I’m attributing this to my daily yoga sessions which are helping me my posture and alignment.

I’ve noticed that during my yoga the different postures allow me small adjustments in my vertebrae, hip and ankle joints. I’ve been a patient of chiropractic care ever since I was a little girl. Various falls and then a couple car accidents later in life tweaked my spine and pain was a normal way of life for me. I feel like yoga fits perfectly with my recipe for self healthcare. It’s a discipline that I’m finding is well worth it.

Additionally, I’ve noticed that my complexion is improving. I’ve noticed that my skin looks more radiant and I’ve got this lovely, creamy complexion. The wonderful intake of foods and the daily self massage is doing wonders for my skin. I’m sure Monday’s colonic played to small role in my improved complexion as well. It’s amazing what happens when you get your colon cleaned out.

I seem to be getting into the cooking thing too. I’m sinking into the mode of chopping veggies, juicing, and preparing my well cooked, well spiced meals. After only one week, I’m starting to make this a way of life for myself. I can see now that the benefits far outweigh the perceived inconvenience.

I used to go through spurts of wanting to cook, then wanting to leave it up to someone else, like a restaurant chef – after all they’re getting paid to do it. But when you cook for yourself and your family you’re taking care in what you do. You’re making meals with love and with you and your family’s health in mind. That energy goes into the food making it more potent and more nourishing.

When I sit down to eat, I do it in a relaxed way. I give thanks for what I have and for all of the people who made it possible for it to be brought to my table. I find myself thanking the earth for providing such wonderful nourishment for my body. I’m noticing too that I don’t have that false full feeling after I eat. I don’t feel bloated or like I’m going into a food coma for overeating. My body seems to be digesting more efficiently and utilizing the nutrient rich food.

Food is medicine. It’s life. If I am what I eat, then I can feel confident that I am life affirming, delicious and nutritious. My body is thanking me for taking such care in what I put in it. I can see it in my skin, my energy level, my attitude and even in my output of waste. My urine is no longer cloudy, my bowel movements are more productive and don’t seem to smell bad. Come to think of it, I haven’t noticed any body odor lately either. I guess it’s true what they say in Ayurveda, ‘Clean going in and clean coming out.’

No comments:

Post a Comment