Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 12 - The Happy Tummy

Today I became acutely aware of the relaxation I’m feeling in my abdominal cavity. Ever since I was a teenager I would find myself contracting my abdominal muscles for no good reason. When I was in high school I’d be sitting in class and realize that my abdomen was tense and I would have to breathe and force myself to relax.

Of course, the contracting of my abdominal muscles would cause my back to hunch slightly causing poor posture. Looking back with the knowledge I have now, I understand that part of this contraction was due to emotional issues such as fear and low self esteem. But it was also due to a poor diet and the toxicity I was storing in my intestines.

Part of the reason I was drawn to holistic healthcare was because of being rather sickly as a child. A poor mental diet of negative emotions and a poor physical diet of junk food left my immune system compromised. We used to have a joke in my family that if I was in an odd numbered grade in school I was sure to get some sort of illness (strep throat, mono, ear infection, flu, you name it).

As I got older and began to consider the person I always dreamed of being, sickness was definitely not part of the equation. After going through many years of being in pain due to a car accident I was in my senior year of high school, I finally decided enough was enough. I was in my early twenties and I thought, ‘I’m way too young to feel like this. Something’s got to change.’

I got into holistic healing because I was attracted to the idea of healing myself. It’s no wonder why I chose Ayurvedic Medicine as the modality I wished to practice. And now here I sit on my 12th day of healthy living according to Ayurvedic principles thanking my lucky stars that I chose a new way of life.

Back to my comfy tummy… I’m attributing it to good food, obviously. I know the colonic made a huge difference; I’m having smooth and comfortable bowel movements three times a day. I also believe that the daily yoga is helping. Taking time in the morning to open up my spine, stretch and breathe into yoga postures is such a healing practice. My posture is improving and my vertebrae don’t feel “stuck” like they used to causing pain and discomfort. My abdomen is free to relax.

I’m nearly halfway through my 30 day journey and I’m seeing my body transform. I’m so glad I decided to give this gift to myself. I’m so glad I loved myself enough to make the necessary changes to improve my health and well-being. Self-healthcare is a gift and a blessing to give to your Self.

I can honestly look at myself in the mirror, place my hands in prayer position and bow to my Self and say “Thank you. A thousand times, thank you.”

For more Ayurvedic supplements that assist digestion visit http://www.joytreeinc.com/page/183836203

No comments:

Post a Comment