Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 13 - Menstration Minus the Madness

Well, I got my period today. I was very curious to see how the cramping situation was going to unfold. First, let me say that there was no preliminary cramping prior to the actual flow. Usually I’ll have the tell-tale cramps or at least the lower back ache to give me some warning. Not this time.

Another thing I found interesting was the fact that I didn’t have the low energy I usually feel a few days before my period starts. I typically start feeling lethargic and have virtually no sex drive two to three days before my period. Not this time.

I’m not going to pretend it was all rosy. It was the first day after all. And even though I felt good enough to do my yoga I found myself feeling uncomfortable and a little tired as the day wore on. There was some discomfort in the low back area and I did have some mild cramping but I wasn’t incapacitated with pain like I had been in months past. Considering the excruciating pain of last November’s period (just two months prior) I definitely felt this was an improvement. I would have been happy with no discomfort at all, but I’m willing to give it time. Some improvement is better than none.

By the end of the day I was feeling normal again and pain free. I listened to my body and took it easy opting not to do the rigorous dance rehearsal as I had originally planned. But that’s OK.

You know, now that I’m thinking about it. I had no chocolate cravings and my face didn’t break out either. A pimple or two is a usual premenstral indicator for me. So I can safely say there has been some improvement in the menstruation department. Thank goodness. There’s only so much menstrual madness a girl can take.

For more information on supplements to support womens health issues visit http://www.joytreeinc.com/page/183918205.

No comments:

Post a Comment