Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 10 - Communing with Nature

Today was all about communing with nature. I always enjoy a time to relax the night after a dance show. I decided not to indulge in my DVD of Rodney Yee’s Power Yoga – Strength, and decided to listen to my body who was asking for a rest.

My husband and I spent time in the sun, soaking up some rays down by the river in our back yard and watched our dogs frolic with delight in the warmth of the noon time sun. In true Ayurvedic fashion we had our biggest meal of the day for lunch and felt blessed to partake of delicious food on this lazy Sunday.

We spent the afternoon working on projects. I decided to work on sewing one of my costumes which I hope to have completed for my show next Sunday. The evening was reserved for building a fire as my husband, myself and the dogs sat around it mesmerized by its warm glow.

After performing at the birthday party last night and experiencing the surreal energy of the DJ, loud speakers, strobe light and fog machine, it was nice to get back to basics and be with the earth, air, fire and water. I felt very much like I was giving myself this gift of time in nature. And I felt, as I always do, like nature was giving back to me.

I feel extremely blessed to be educated in the ancient ways of Ayurvedic Medicine and to have the fortitude to bring its wisdom into my modern life. I know it’s not possible to experience Ayurveda in its purest form like the sages of ancient times, but we do what we can. So I didn’t do my yoga today… big deal. I still found my inner peace in the comfort of my own back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment