Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 30 - I Reached All My Goals

It is day 30 of my 30 days of Ayurvedic living. I took some time to reflect on the past month and was proud to note that I met all the goals I set for myself. Before day one commenced, I imagined everything I was hoping to experience. I knew I wanted more energy, more strength and flexibility, improved digestion and elimination, more interest in cooking and preparing foods, a higher level of commitment to my daily Ayurvedic practices, clearer decision making, more restful sleep and an increase in my sex drive.

I am happy to report that I experienced all that I hoped for and more. I have officially renewed my commitment to Ayurveda and fanned the flame of my passion for it. I even feel like I can be more of a benefit to my clients because I am “practicing what I preach”.

My body feels more alive because of the healthy foods I have been putting in my body. Foods that are appropriate for my body type and my imbalances keep me feeling grounded and nourished. I have more energy, strength and flexibility from my practice of yoga. I feel grounded and aromatic from my personal essential oil blend that I massage on my body every day. The systems of my body function more efficiently because of the herbs I take in the form of my personal blend tea and my personal spice blend I add to my foods.

My mind is more focused because of my daily practice of meditation. The breathing incorporated with the yoga also helps to calm my mind. The Rescue Sleep - homeopathic sleep remedy, gives me a restful sleep at night so I don’t wake up worrying about what I have to do when I get up. My emotions are more fluid and I’m experiencing more peace of mind. I also don’t seem to have the tendency towards worry or anxiety like I used to. I’m much more clear I my intent for the future and where I see myself going.

My spirit feels more free. I have a new acceptance of myself and who I am. I don’t mean from an ego perspective, I mean I feel more connected to my true essence. I have a huge sense of gratitude and I feel so blessed in the moments of my life. I also notice that I am more present. I’m not as attached to the past or replaying old scenarios in my mind like I used to. I’m more accepting of the now moment and appreciating its power and blessedness.

All in all, I feel much more connected to me. I’m in tune with my body, its functions, needs and desires. I just feel happy being who I am. I remember that Greg Soucy, my Ayurvedic Practitioner mentioning in my first consultation that part of the reason for my state of imbalance was because I wasn’t regularly taking time for myself and doing things for me. These past 30 days weren’t just for the sake of blogging, they were for me. And that’s why I feel such happiness for being me. Doing the right things for my health and wellness was the greatest gift I could give myself.

I used to have all these excuses for why I wasn’t taking good care of myself. I think the main reason was, I just didn’t think I was worth it and I was afraid of the time and energy it would take to do it right. Now I know that taking care of myself is so worth it and I can make the time to what’s right for me.

So I want to complete my Day 30 post by offering thanks to the great sages of ancient India who gave birth to Ayurvedic Medicine. I give thanks to my Ayurvedic Practitioner, Greg Soucy for his wonderful wellness coaching. I thank my husband for ongoing his support during these past 30 days. I thank my Divine Creator for the inspiration to do this. And I want to thank my Self for having the courage to transform my health. I am healthy. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment