Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 25 - One of Life's Simple Pleasures

One of the awesome things I observed today was my incredibly healthy bowel movements. As an Ayurvedic Practitioner, we are always curious to see what is coming out of the body as a sign of our health. Remember, when I started this 30 days I was having mild constipation. I was still going, but my bowel movements were kind of scant. I didn’t feel like my elimination was sufficient and I didn’t have that sense of relief afterwards.

Thankfully, that’s all changed. My bowel movements are bigger, longer, nicely formed and come out smoothly. Before, my colon was so dry I almost felt like I had to strain during elimination. Not anymore. And boy do I have a sense of relief afterwards! I feel lighter and if my abdominal cavity could talk it would probably respond by making a huge sigh, “Ahhhh!”

A wise man once told me, “There are a few simple pleasures in life. One of them is a good poop.” Truer words were never spoken. I attribute these wonderful experiences to my awesome diet, my daily intake of ghee and my triphala supplements. I also attribute it to my healthy emotional state. Like I mentioned in some of my other posts, I feel like I’m dealing with my emotions in a much healthier way. I’m not worrying or holding on to negative emotions. I’m letting them flow and letting them go. The same is true for my bowel movements.

I used to hang on to negative emotions rather than expressing them. I’d allow my abdomen to get all tense and knotted up over an emotional upset. Stopping the normal flow of emotions caused me to stop the flow of waste out of the body. We are not separate from our emotions. We are integrated beings. We are mechanism and feeling all rolled into one.

If you observe children you notice that they can run the gamut of emotions in a small space of time. They allow themselves to be in the moment and feel whatever they are feeling. They can get angry, throw a fit, cry and then be happy and laughing again all in the span of five minutes. They don’t hold back their emotions. As we get older we condition ourselves not to feel or express ourselves. We judge our emotions and hold them in.

Emotions are there to be felt and to be expressed. If we hold back our emotions we tend to stuff them somewhere in the body and turn them into muscle spasms, headaches, digestive disorders, constipation, nervous disorders or worse. I conditioned myself to hold back and I became emotionally constipated. Since I’ve learned to stop judging myself for my emotions and to express them in a healthy way I experience less physical constipation as well.

We truly are amazing beings. So when it comes to emotions and when it comes to poo, do yourself a favor – let it flow and let it go.

To learn more information on Triphala or to purchase Triphala supplements visit http://www.joytreeinc.com/product/New-287236561

No comments:

Post a Comment