Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 26 - Ayurvedic Pulse Evaluation - The Follow Up Appointment

Today was the moment of truth. My Ayurvedic Practitioner, Greg Soucy gave me my follow up appointment from my original consultation. I have to say, I was very excited to see what results he would find during my pulse evaluation. These past 26 days I’ve been posting about all of the wonderful experiences I’ve been having and how my body and mind have changed. But the pulse analysis is the true test.

Ayurvedic pulse evaluation is very different from how Western Medicine takes the pulse. According to Ayurvedic Medicine there are seven levels to the pulse. Each level allows you to “feel” what’s happening in the different organs of the body and the body as a whole.

The first level indicates your imbalance and the seventh level indicates your birth body type. The levels in between offer insight into what’s happening in the hollow organs like the large and small intestine, stomach, bladder, and gall bladder. It also gives the practitioner and idea of what’s going on in the solid organs like the heart, lungs, liver, spleen and pancreas.

Understanding the pulse in such a unique way allows the Ayurvedic Practitioner insight into detailed information about the client’s state of health without the need for expensive or invasive tests offered by Western Medicine. Ayurvedic pulse evaluation has been practiced for thousands of years, long before the arrival of modern medicine.

The truest pulse reading can be found early in the morning upon waking. Since my practitioner, Greg is also a family friend I had no problem scheduling my pulse evaluation early in the morning before my yoga, herbal tea or anything else that would alter the truest pulse reading.

The results were astounding. Greg noticed my pulse was strong and solid not jumpy or thready. He said it felt strong all the way down, through all of the levels. He was happy to say, “You’re not Miss Vata Girl anymore!” Pulses showing a Vata imbalance are jumpy and weak and mine was anything but.

I was thrilled. I was over the moon. It’s obvious by the way I feel that this Ayurvedic way of living has made incredible changes in my body and mind. But to have it confirmed in my pulse evaluation by a fellow Ayurvedic Practitioner sealed the deal for me.

It’s my 26th day of living the Ayurveda’s recipe for balance and health. I’ve got four days to go to complete my 30 day commitment and I feel great. I feel blessed and grateful that this ancient medicine and this way of life came across thousands of years and thousands of miles from India and into my modern world where I can experience its wisdom and its gift of health.

Ayurveda, I love you.

To learn more about Ayurveda visit http://www.joytreeinc.com/page/168166203

No comments:

Post a Comment