Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 23 - Handling the Craziness Without Getting Crazy

I woke up feeling a little tired today and my hips were a little achy from two nights of dancing. No problem. I still got up and had a cup of hot herbal tea and decided to refrain from yoga and give my body a break since I had one more show tonight. In the morning I sat and reviewed my day and all of the things I needed to get done before show time. There was cooking, cleaning, sewing and a client I had to work with before I had to transform into a show girl for the evening.

I didn’t worry about a thing. In fact, I decided that since I was tired I would even squeeze in time for a nap to make sure I was fresh and rested for the last of the marathon of dance shows. I even had time for an emotional breakdown/break through with my husband. We had an ongoing issue that crept up again and needed to be dealt with. So we dealt with it. I was balanced enough not to let it ruin my day or upset my attitude beyond repair. All of this, and no worrying, how could that be?

As I drove to the hall where my show was taking place, I realized that I was able to accomplish all of my tasks before show time and I was feeling pretty good. My appointment with my client went overtime a little bit and I thought I might be a little late for the show. Still, I was determined not to worry and turn myself into a crazy person before I arrived at the gig. I already made it that far without getting frazzled, I wasn’t about to let a late appointment and slow drivers ruin my track record.

As expected, everything turned out just fine. I arrived just in the nick of time. The show went well. After the show I even decided to spend some time with my friend and fellow dancer who was going through her own emotional breakdown/break through. When I drove home I took another moment to review my day and was very satisfied with myself for being able to take it all on and not get crazy. In fact, I felt good enough to come home after three nights of dancing and still had enough energy to make love to my husband. That’s gotta be some sort of a record for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment