Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 28 - Setting Myself Up to Win

There’s a phrase I’ve heard Tony Robbins say when referring to your goals and intentions for the future. He says, “Set yourself up to win.” I love that phrase. Too often I’ve set unrealistic goals for myself.

In the past, I’ve had high levels of expectation for myself. I’d expect myself to be perfect, that’s clearly an unrealistic goal. So basically I’d set myself up to lose.

Now that my “30 Days of Ayurveda” is getting closer to the final day, I’m looking into the future and setting myself up to win. What I mean is, I don’t want the momentum of health and well-being to end. I feel better than I have in years. So I have to set myself up so I can maintain this higher level of being, thinking and feeling.

In order to set myself up to win I first need to let go of the expectation that I have to be perfect in my healthcare regimen. It’s what you do most of the time that counts. So if I decide I would like a slice of pizza once in a great while. I’m not going to sweat it. I’ll just make sure to sprinkle my churna (spice blend) on it to help me digest. I’ll eat it warm and be sure not to have left over cold pizza for breakfast causing it to turn to a brick in my stomach. I must understand that trying to be perfect or being a fanatic about my healthcare regimen is not a balanced way of living.

I’m also planning my winning strategy ahead of time. I went to the grocery store today and loaded up on fruits and vegetables, grains, fish, poultry and fresh herbs to make delicious meals that are right for my body type. I bought butter to make another batch of ghee (clarified butter). I made plans to create another personalized herbal tea blend for myself and a refill on my personalized essential oil blend.

Since I’m starting a new part time job this coming week I’m also considering heartier breakfasts, nutrient rich lunches and dinners I can make that are healthy and easy. I also decided that on Sunday’s I’ll make an extra meal like kitchari or something. So on Monday, dinner is already made. I just have to heat it up.

Setting myself up to win means I have to be well-stocked with herbs, essential oils, nutritious foods, and a daily/weekly schedule of practices like yoga, meditation, time in nature, skin brushing, self massage and setting goals. It’s important for me to set myself up with a good mental diet, regular exercise, and delicious-nutritious foods so that I can win the ultimate prize - optimum health.

No comments:

Post a Comment